Qplas engages in projects with local communities to re-invest in the people of Port Elizabeth. These projects include the Walmer Community Karate Dojo and Vistarus Mission Station.
The Walmer Community Karate Dojo invests in youth aged between 5 and 17 to pursue their interest in Karate, giving them the opportunity to train regularly as well as to participate in grading and competitions.
Vistarus is a safe-haven in Port Elizabeth that takes homeless and suffering families off the streets and helps with restoration and putting dignity back into their lives.
Vistarus also provides the following with the purpose of helping members of the community suffering from homelessness and addiction:
• Getting involved in job creation
• Life skills courses
• Rebuilding self confidence and self image
• One on one counselling and group classes
• Providing all necessities such as food, clothing and toiletries for free
• Creating a safe, warm and homely atmosphere for parents and children
• Providing a safe daycare environment for children
• Assisting the unemployed in finding employment after 3 months
• Subsidising accommodation once successfully through treatment program